Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More camping...did I mention we went for a week?

Camping doesn't just end after one day....not on this trip. Nope, the fun...and heat...continue. So Livy caved and decided to share a bath with me. See Livy, it's not gross because we're babies...and it was so much cooler in the tub wasn't it....yeah, see.
Share a share a like. You got to use my tub, and I got to use your toys and blanket. Thanks Livy! But such a generous cousin, rolling out the carpet for your momma, Great Uncle Dick, Susu...and everyone else. Sure glad mommy bought that shade tent...man was it hot.
So hot, we made like Brazilians and decided to take some mid-day naps. That country sure has it right about two things....soccer...and naps. Thanks for keeping me company mom!
But camping isn't for laying around....at least not all the time. Did I mention I learned how to swim? I'm not saying it was pretty, but I made like frogger and kicked my feet to get from point A to point B. Glad I had some help, but I'm sure I could have made it all the way across the lake.
Ok, so maybe it was a good thing to have a spare set of hands...but one day mind you ...one day...I'll be a great swimmer. Daddy said so....maybe like one million times. And, my daddy is always right. (psst, that plugs for you dad, remember that when I start asking for money to swim laps)
Ahhhhh, a swim...and a boat ride...see we didn't just sit around the whole trip...except to pose now and again.
...Right Aunt Liz?! We pose, and then we're ready to rock and roll! Rolling with my homies...lalalala.
Got my hommies and I'm heading out across the lake. Got Grandad on my left, and dinosaur on my right...and nothing but water all around. Sure glad I got that swimming lesson!
Mommy, we had a blast...and see...you didn't even need to worry about me going overboard or anything. Good idea to pick-up that life jacket, but I'm a camping pro! Just like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment